[CppAc] Hi everyone

Wouter van Ooijen wouter.vanooijen at hu.nl
Sat Jun 30 13:06:05 PDT 2018

Not much activity yet, so I'll introduce myself.

I teach at the Hogeschool Utrecht (would be a polytech in other countries?) in the netherlands. I am responsible for the Technical Informatics (Computer Science?) specialization. I teach (or did teach, or will teach) a number of courses focusing on C++ and related subjects (interfacing, digital technology, modelling, system design, C, assembler).

My personal interest is programming micro-controllers in C++, with a special focus on libraries for interfacing external chips. I prefer to do this with compile-time abstractions (google "Objects? No thanks!").

Last year we stopped teaching C-before-C++, now we (initially) teach C++-without-OO (procedural C++).

I'd like to hear if anyone has experience with teaching C++ in any other way than the traditional lecture/classroom/lab-or-home assignments/teaching-assistent way, especially automated grading of assignments and assignment-directed instructions (personalized learning).

Wouter van Ooijen

0638150444 - DL200 2.86