[C++ Academia] Conference Proposal

JOSE DANIEL GARCIA SANCHEZ josedaniel.garcia at uc3m.es
Sun Jul 15 11:48:15 PDT 2018

Dear all,

One of the conferences we might be interested to look inspiration at is Ada
Europe (site for last conference here
http://ae2018.di.fc.ul.pt/sessions.html). The real name of the conference
es "23rd International Conference on Reliable Software Technologies".

They edit the proceedings with Springer (in the series Lecture Notes in
Computer Science). That is quite easy to setup this days.

I think before moving too fast we need to agree on what is what we are
pursuing with establishing a new conference. I am very keen on the idea
(I've been suggesting this to some people).

My idea is the following. While C++ is having a strong impact in industry
(look at how many people attend the wg21 meetings or how many industrial
conferences are around), we are loosing the teaching battle. C++ is not
very used in teaching at CS programs in many places. Having more
conferences where papers about C++ are published may help to indirectly
address this issue.

I think this is the first thing we need to see if we agree. If that is the
case, we may start thinking in how we should shape such a conference to
make it attractive to many researchers that can bring interesting content
and that may feel interested in what they will get from the conference.

What do you think?

--
Prof. J. Daniel Garcia
Associate Professor - Profesor Titular de Universidad
e-mail: josedaniel.garcia at uc3m.es
Web: http://www.arcos.inf.uc3m.es/~jdaniel

Linked-In: http://es.linkedin.com/in/jdanielgarcia
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jdgarciauc3m