[C++ Academia] Conference Proposal

Eugenio Bargiacchi svalorzen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 14:24:11 PDT 2018

I agree mostly with Sarthak. I don't really see how it would be
possible to create a single conference (be it a track or standalone)
about C++ in academia in general, given that academia as a whole has
so many disparate topics.

Even if you create an academic track, unless all the work in there can
be pertinent to what I am doing, there would be little point for me to
go. I am currently at ICML, which is a very large AI conference (3k+
people), and it is hard already to find tracks I am actually
interested in since there's so many different topics.

I don't think I would go to a conference about C++ in academia unless
the papers presented were actually pertinent to my field, and I'm
pretty sure my colleagues would do the same. For example, a short talk
about how C++ is applied to the medical field would be of pretty much
no interest to anyone in my lab. Trying to make training courses or
C++ demonstrations in specific academic conferences which directly
target the field of that conference I would imagine would gather much
more interest.

Eugenio